Why am I doing this?


My aim is for this blog to achieve two purposes:

1. To allow me to document and comment on the books that I have read/am reading so that I can engage with them in a more organic way (not to mention be able to remember stuff about them later on)
2. So that hopefully my students can share in the joy of reading by looking through these posts and maybe, just maybe, find some novels, etc that might prompt them to give something other than just Twilight a go (and yes, it is in this space that I make a solemn promise to finally read the thing so that I can actually make a legitimate comment on the novel. Who knows, I may need to eventually retract the negative comments I have made about it in the past).

So, as I progress through this activity, I hope that it will not end like many other well intentioned expeditions I have previously embarked upon and that I will maintain the blog in a way that explores the world that I spend so much of my time in, a world that is constantly reiventing itself and presenting what can at times seem like situations that are not to be contemplated, all through the whims of the talented and , on occasion, the not so talented writers of this world both past and present.

For anyone reading this, I hope you find some inspiration to find a book that you will never forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment